About this talk
This talk is about the second stage, opening the heart and the importance of making an engagement with our emotions in order to learn to be more emotionally positive.
It includes readings of poetry and prose by Munisha.
Talk given at Manchester Buddhist Centre on 14th March 2011.
Third in a series of talks by Dayanandi on the five great stages of the spiritual path
These five stages or dimensions have recently been brought to prominence in the Triratna Buddhist Community as the five main principles or facets of the spiritual life, important to develop and keep in balance:
- Integration and mindfulness
- Positive or creative emotion
- Vision or spiritual death
- Transformation or spiritual rebirth
- Receptivity or spontaneity
Sangharakshita’s summary of the stages as five simple precepts
- Keep up the effort to be mindful and aware and as together as possible, as integrated as possible
- Remain in as positive a mental state as you possibly can
- Do not lose sight of your ultimate goal at any time
- Try to apply this to practice at every level whatever you’ve realised or discovered or seen on the highest level of your being at any time
- Do your best for other people, do what you can to help people