So Much Love for Earth Café
Our Favourite Place to have Lunch!
Many thanks to Those Vegan Guys for this lovely video
now dWe’ve been overwhelmed by the outpouring of sadness and appreciation after the closure of the lovely daytime vegan café in our basement. Hundreds of people have responded to our social media posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with their memories and tributes and we’d love to hear yours. There are way too many to quote here, but you get the gist . . .
- Loved visiting your little cafe for good vegan food . . .
- Totally yummy food and gorgeous friendly staff . . .
- Such sad news, regularly took my daughter here growing up . . .
- I’m very sad to hear your news … The food was AMAZING . . .
- I have many lovely memories of it from when I lived next door . .
- My favourite was the blueberry cheesecake . . .
- Manchester won’t be the same without it . . .
- A fabulous and spiritual place and super food . . .
- Loved the Mancunian-ness of the woman who served you . . .
- Going to miss the banter with Patricia, Dexter and all her lovely and dedicated staff . . .
- Jamaican patties particularly wonderful . . .
Gratitude to Patricia
We all know that Earth was all about the people and the community, not just the brilliant and nourishing food. We set up a fundraising page to support Patricia in this difficult time and show appreciation of her qualities.. It closed on 6th October, raising over £600.
Can Something New Happen in the Space?
Many people are asking whether new ventures can rise from the loss of Earth and we are heartened by the strength of feeling:
- Huge loss to the vegan/veggie scene in the city centre . . .
- Surely there has to be a market for healthy wholesome eating in Manchester . . .
A small team of people from our community is already looking into possibilities. Many of them have experience of living and working in Buddhist communities and what we call right-livelihood businesses, so watch this space. If you would like to be involved, do please contact email@example.com
Opening Times & more
Opening Times:The Centre is still mostly closed due to Coronavirus, but reception and shop are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 am - 3 pm. Most events are online, so do join us there!
Charity reg no: 514937