Visiting the Buddhist Centre in Covid Times
The Centre’s reception and shop are open from 11am to 3pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, along with in-person lunchtime meditation on those days. We hope to open on Wednesdays and Saturdays too from 7th August.
We’re not yet able to open our shrine rooms for personal meditation practice and worship, but we are gradually re-introducing some in-person activities at the Centre, and small regular groups in our community, like study groups, are now starting to book rooms again.
Small Sangha Groups using the Library and Meeting Room
- Please book through email@example.com
- Cleaning materials will be available in both rooms. Please help us keep the areas clean by wiping surfaces, taking your rubbish with you, putting mugs in the dishwasher and so on
- Maximum numbers are eight in the library and five in the meeting room
Arrangements for holding classes and other events here at the Centre or online can change rapidly at times like this. Details will be here on our website, on social media and sent in mailings. To keep up to date, please sign up at the bottom of this page. It’s best to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, as we are not always able to answer phone calls when the Centre’s closed.
Minimising the Infection Risk
Please bear these arrangements in mind if you come to the Centre – they are in line with the Government’s guidelines and announcements, updated to apply from 19th July.
- We no longer require face-coverings so there are likely to be people without masks at the Centre. We of course welcome you to still wear a mask here if you feel more comfortable doing so
- Physical distancing – Please keep a “one plus” metre distance from other people
- Limited numbers – Maximum is now 22 in the Lotus Hall and 12 in the Vajra Hall to allow plenty of distance, so please arrive in good time for drop-in events and book in good time for the others
- Seating in the shrine rooms will have adequate spacing, and the rooms will have adequate ventilation
- Class leaders will encourage participants to “stagger” leaving the shrine rooms, so that there isn’t a log jam in the corridor
- Hand sanitiser and hand-washing facilities are available
- Our one-way system is no longer in operation
- Cleaning – We are cleaning the Centre regularly to keep it safe for all of us
- The front lounge seating area is now back in operation
- The tea area isn’t in use for the time being but we’ll review this at the end of July
- Travelling to and from the Centre – We are encouraging all participants, team members and volunteers to walk or cycle to the the Centre where possible
- Feeling unwell – Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, to keep us all safe. If you have booked on an event and are then unable to attend, please email email@example.com
When we are next open . . .
Manchester Buddhist Centre
16-20 Turner Street
Northern Quarter, M4 1DZ