Visiting the Buddhist Centre in Covid Times
The Centre was hoping to open our reception and shop again from 11 am to 3 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the new year but this is likely to change as Manchester enters Tier 4 Covid restrictions. Most of our events are online. See the bottom of the page for any that you can attend in-person.
- About the Centre – Where we are and what we do
Changing how we use the Centre.
We hope you understand that we need to operate a booking system for all events, to maintain physical distancing. So do book below for the next available class, and we really look forward to seeing you.
Unfortunately, we are not, at present, able to open our shrine rooms for personal meditation practice and worship, and other groups will not be able to meet there yet.
Minimising the Infection Risk
We’ve made sure we match the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines and ask you to bear these changes in mind if you come:
- Feeling unwell – Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, to keep us all safe. If you have booked on an event and are then unable to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limited numbers and booking – To ensure that everyone can keep “one plus” metres apart, we ask you to book for any hybrid or in-person classes. If you are unable to come, you can still join us online via Zoom
- Physical distancing – Please keep a “one plus” metre distance from other people
- Face coverings – We ask all participants and visitors to wear a face covering upon entering the building. This has been mandatory in places of worship since early August
- Hand washing and hand sanitiser – We ask all participants to wash their hands upon entering and leaving. There are also hand sanitiser stations around the building
- One-way system – There’s a one-way system in operation. Routes to follow are clearly marked on the floor
- Cleaning – We are cleaning the Centre regularly to keep it safe for all of us. All frequently-touched areas will be cleaned before and after each class. Mats and cushions are there for your use, but only team members will handle them before and after the class
- Refreshments – Our kitchen area won’t be in use for the time being and we will not be serving drinks. As space is limited, sitting areas will not be in use
- Travelling to and from the Centre – We are encouraging all participants and team to walk or cycle to the the Centre where possible. If using public transport, please be aware that current regulation states that face coverings must be worn when using public transport in England
We may be able to resume more classes at a safe and appropriate time. Details will be here on our website, on social media and sent in mailings. To be kept up to date, please sign up at the bottom of this page.
When we are next open
Manchester Buddhist Centre
16-20 Turner Street
Northern Quarter, M4 1DZ