Visiting the Buddhist Centre
We are very pleased to be opening our doors again, albeit to fewer events and more limited numbers than in normal times. We are re-introducing in-person activities gradually, both to ensure we do this responsibly, and to give ourselves time to make any necessary adjustments.
- About the Centre – Where we are and what we do
We have had to make some changes to how we use the Centre.
We hope you understand that we need to operate a booking system for any events we run for the time being in order to maintain physical distancing. So do book below for the next available class, and we really look forward to seeing you.
Unfortunately, we are not, at present, able to open our shrine rooms for personal meditation practice and worship, and other groups will not be able to meet, at least for a few weeks. However, things are changing all the time, so do please keep an eye on our regular mailouts for the latest information.
What are we doing to minimise the risk of Covid infection?
We’ve made sure we match the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines. Here are the changes we’re asking you to bear in mind if you come:
- Feeling unwell – Please do not visit the Centre if you are feeling unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms. We hope you understand this measure is to keep all of us safe and to prevent the transmission of the virus. If you have booked and are subsequently unable to attend, please email email@example.com
- Limited numbers and booking – To ensure that everyone can keep ‘one plus’ metres apart, we will be running a booking system for our classes. The classes will be online via Zoom and Youtube, so if you are unable to come, you can still join us online.
- Physical distancing – We ask all participants to maintain a ‘one plus’ metre distance from other people.
- Face coverings – We ask all participants and visitors to wear a face covering upon entering the building. This has been mandatory in places of worship since early August.
- Hand washing and hand sanitiser – We ask all participants to wash their hands upon entering or leaving the building. There are also hand sanitiser stations around the building.
- One-way system – There’s a one-way system in operation
- Cleaning – Our team and volunteers are regularly cleaning the centre to keep it clean and safe for all of us. All frequently touched areas will be cleaned before and after each class; mats and cushions are there for your use, but only team members will handle them before and after the class.
- Refreshments – Our kitchen area won’t be in use for the time being. We will not be serving drinks for the time being, so if you would like these, please do bring your own. As space is limited, sitting areas will not be in use.
- Travelling to and from the Centre – We are encouraging all participants and team to walk or cycle to the the Centre where possible. If using public transport, please be aware that current regulation states that face coverings must be worn when using public transport in England.
We intend to resume more classes and reopen the Centre for longer periods at a safe and appropriate time. Details will be here on our website and sent in mailings. If you would like to be kept up to date, please sign up at the bottom of this page.
Upcoming in-person Classes
Manchester Buddhist Centre
16-20 Turner Street
Northern Quarter, M4 1DZ
Opening Times & more
Opening Times:The Centre is still mostly closed due to Coronavirus, but reception and shop are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11 am - 3 pm. Most events are online, so do join us there!
Charity reg no: 514937