Visiting the Buddhist Centre in Covid Times
The Centre’s reception and shop are now open from 11am to 3pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and other activities will be reviewed as government guidelines evolve over the next few weeks.
Please check Bodywise’s website to keep up to date with their changing arrangements for therapies, yoga and movement classes, usually found here on our second floor
- About the Centre – Where we are and what we do
Changing how we use the Centre.
Unfortunately, we are not, at present, able to open our shrine rooms for personal meditation practice and worship, and other groups will not be able to meet there yet either. We are also unable to offer courses and classes in person at the Centre for now.
We hope you understand that if and when we start opening for classes and so on, we’ll need to operate a booking system for all events, to maintain physical distancing.
Minimising the Infection Risk
We’ve made sure we match the Government’s Covid-19 Secure Guidelines and ask you to bear these changes in mind if you come to the Centre for any reason over coming months:
- Feeling unwell – Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell or experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, to keep us all safe. If you have booked on an event and are then unable to attend, please email email@example.com
- Physical distancing – Please keep a “one plus” metre distance from other people
- Face coverings – We ask all participants and visitors to wear a face covering upon entering the building. This has been mandatory in places of worship since August 2020
- Hand washing and hand sanitiser – We ask all participants to wash their hands upon entering and leaving. There are also hand sanitiser stations around the building
- One-way system – There’s a one-way system in operation. Routes to follow are clearly marked on the floor
- Cleaning – We are cleaning the Centre regularly to keep it safe for all of us. All frequently-touched areas will be cleaned before and after each class. Mats and cushions are there for your use, but only team members will handle them before and after the class
- Refreshments – Our kitchen area won’t be in use for the time being and we will not be serving drinks. As space is limited, sitting areas will not be in use
- Travelling to and from the Centre – We are encouraging all participants and team members to walk or cycle to the the Centre where possible. If using public transport, please be aware that current regulation states that face coverings must be worn when using public transport in England
- Limited numbers and booking – To ensure that everyone can keep “one plus” metres apart, we ask you to book for any hybrid or in-person classes. If you are unable to come, you can usually still join us online via Zoom
We may be able to resume classes and other events at a safe and appropriate time. Details will be here on our website, on social media and sent in mailings. To be kept up to date, please sign up at the bottom of this page.
When we are next open
Manchester Buddhist Centre
16-20 Turner Street
Northern Quarter, M4 1DZ