Changing Ourselves, Changing Our World: Online Buddhism Six-week Course starts
Tue 6th Oct : 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Changing Ourselves, Changing Our World
“More than just a course. It is like opening a new doorway to reality and greater peace of mind” – past participant
Learn about the Buddha’s vision and the basics of meditation in a friendly course over six Tuesday evenings. As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, this course provides practical instruction in two Buddhist meditation practices to develop mindfulness and positivity.
This course covers similar material and is equivalent to the Buddhism Foundation Course, so you can go on to Buddhism Going Deeper Courses after completing this one
Hybrid CourseThere's an option to attend this course in person (max 15 people) or online via Zoom, if you’d prefer. In-person places are allocated on a first-come first-served basis, to maintain physical distancing. Please state your preference when you book a ticket below.
Our online courses are interactive and involve small group work as well as opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. You will need a working camera and mic on your device to take part in this course. We'll email you the Zoom link to join the course once you've booked.
If you are attending the Centre for a class, please turn up twenty minutes before the class and remember to wear a face mask. Please read our advice on visiting the Centre in person.
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? These are very difficult times for us, and being closed means we have lost much of our income but not much of our costs. However, we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bookings will close on 6th October at 4pm.
What does the Buddhism Course cover?
We explore who the Buddha was – how he sought an answer to the problem of human suffering, and found it through the experience that Buddhists call Awakening. We’ll ask what this word means and how the Buddha, having found it for himself, found ways of communicating it to others, right down to ourselves, through teachings that apply directly to human beings, independent of time or culture.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date