Buddhism: Six-week Foundation Course Starts
Tue 8th Jan, 2019 : 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£35 – £90
Learn about the Buddha’s vision and the basics of meditation in a friendly foundation course over six Tuesday evenings.
£90 full rate, £65 mid rate, or £35 low rate, for the six weeks. Please decide which price fits your circumstances and income. Six-week courses take place several times a year, usually with a short break over the summer.
As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, this course provides practical instruction in two Buddhist meditation practices to develop awareness and positivity.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com
• You don't need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation halls.
What does the Buddhism Foundation Course cover?
We explore who the Buddha was – how he sought an answer to the problem of human suffering, and found it through the experience that Buddhists call Awakening. We’ll ask what this word means and how the Buddha, having found it for himself, found ways of communicating it to others, right down to ourselves, through teachings that apply directly to human beings, independent of time or culture. Read more about Buddhism and our courses.• Read the course handouts
Problem paying?We don't want to turn anyone away. If you are unable to pay the suggested rates, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date