Buddhism: Six-week Going Deeper Course Starts
Tue 29th Oct : 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£25 – £90
Learn more about the Buddha’s teachings and Buddhist meditation, with the theme this time of Compassion in Action – a brand new course! Here is what Chandana, one of the course leaders, has to say about it:
This course begins with the Buddha’s lifelong project: “I teach suffering and its end”. Over six weeks, we’ll see how compassion, for Buddhists, is the necessary counterpart to wisdom. Compassion is closely related to the “sublime abodes” of kindness (metta), sympathetic joy and equanimity – we’ll practice meditations on all four, and explore how they can weaken our clinging to self, suggest a radical alternative to society’s individualism and provide an answer to the suffering of our mind-made world.
The course is for people who have completed a Buddhism Foundation course and also provides further meditation practice and time for questions and discussion.
“Excellent course and very well delivered” – past participant
• Read more about Going Deeper
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date
One person is attending Buddhism: Six-week Going Deeper Course Starts