- This event has passed.
Dancing the Unknown – Embodied Meditation Weekend
Sat 9th Mar : 10:30 am - Sun 10th Mar : 4:30 pm£40 – £100
Jayachitta visits to give us an opportunity to approach meditation in the spirit of playful exploration. Find out how presence and joyful openness can pervade more of your everyday experience and how meditation can meet with dance. Suitable for anyone who has completed an introductory meditation or Buddhism course here – Jayachitta will be working with the two meditations practices we teach. No previous experience of dance required, just come in comfortable clothing.
The weekend is non-residential and runs at the same times each day. £100 full rate, £80 mid rate, £40 low rate. Please decide which price fits your circumstances and income. Only two places left now out of the maximum of twelve, and online bookings are now closed. Please book your place in person or by phone as soon as you can if you would like to come
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please bring vegan food to share. If it's vegetarian but not vegan, please label it clearly.
Explorations of Movement and Stillness
Working with the body is very effective in supporting meditation, providing the tools to enable embodied transformation. We will use physical movement exercises, acting like a mirror of our mind: we can gently and kindly observe ourselves, alone and in interaction with others.
Jayachitta has been working for many years with meditators and others in the UK, Germany, Holland, USA and India, and regularly leads retreats on improvisation and meditation at Dhanakosa. She enjoys helping people become more present to themselves in their glorious multifaceted selves.
Problem paying?We don't want to turn anyone away. If you are unable to pay the suggested rates, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date