Gathering for Dharmacharinis and Women Training for Ordination
Sun 1st Nov : 10:15 am - 4:30 pm
Prajnaparamita – Wisdom’s Golden Light shining in Troubled Times
Join us to welcome Samantabhadri and Dayanandi for another wonderful day of deepening practice, friendship and the inspiration of the Dharma. Samantabhadri writes: In these uncertain times, can we turn to the perfect wisdom of the extraordinary Prajnaparamita and to the love and golden light that shine within her? In the current crisis, can we experience the primacy of our Going for Refuge for the benefit of ourselves and our world?
For women in training for ordination in the Triratna Buddhist Order, along with women Order members.
PricesThe price for this kind of day is now £24 standard rate / £16 concessionary / £10 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away. Please contact the Centre Team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
• We’ll email you the Zoom link to join the day once you’ve booked.
Join this event through the Zoom AppWhile the Centre is mostly closed by the coronavirus pandemic, we're running many events online through Zoom. • New to Zoom? • Our online classes and other events are friendly and participative, with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there's probably a sudden problem at our end.
10.15 Please arrive at 10.15 for a 10.30 start
10.30 Welcome and introduction
10.50 Talk by Samantabhadri – Listen to the Perfect Wisdom of Prajnaparamita
12 noon Meditative reflection with Samantabhadri
1.45 Body scan meditation
2.10 Talk by Dayanandi: All we can do is go for refuge, followed by two short personal talks on the theme
3 pm Break
3.20 Small groups: What I’ve taken from the day and theme
3.45 Ending ritual dedicated to Prajnaparamita
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date