Day for Dharmacharinis and Women Training for Ordination
Sun 1st Dec : 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
The Levels of Kalyana Mitrata: Dayanandi and Taravandana lead a day for women in training for ordination in the Triratna Buddhist Order, with Order members also very welcome. We will be exploring and deepening our understanding and practice of spiritual friendship as it unfolds on our spiritual journeys.
• Please arrive from 10 am for a 10.30 start in the shrine room
• No charge, but as an unfunded charity, we rely on the generosity of people who use and value the Centre to help cover running costs of over £6,000 a week. We will welcome donations on the day and beyond
• Please let us know that you’re coming, by phone, by email or by booking a free ticket online if available below
• Please bring vegan food to share. If it's vegetarian but not vegan, please label it clearly.
• Please bring felt tip pens and coloured pencils for creating our personal mandalas
The day will include:
• Personal talks on the three levels of spiritual friendship
• An opportunity to delve into our mandala of friendships
• A workshop on deepening vertical friendships through kulas
• A ritual dedicated to and rejoicing in spiritual friendship
The Levels of Kalyana Mitrata
Sangharakshita speaks of two factors as the essence of spiritual friendship: communication and taking delight. Taking delight means that we see, we like, we love and appreciate a person entirely for their own sake, and not for the sake of anything useful we can get out of them. In spiritual friendship we take delight in the spiritual beauty of our friend: we rejoice in their merits. Spiritual friendship is not simply one of the spiritual life’s essential props but one of its greatest joys and blessings.
Subhuti: Sangharakshita – A New Voice in the Buddhist World