- This event has passed.
Going Deeper in Meditation – Awareness to Insight
Sun 21st Jul : 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£20 – £50
Vajradevi visits to lead a day of meditation and reflection for Mitras, Mitras training for Ordination and Order Members. The focus will be on awareness and right view. Vajradevi is a member of the Triratna Buddhist Order who has been teaching meditation for many years and practising for over thirty years.
PaymentThe price for the day is £50, but do pay the £40 reduced rate or £20 low rate if your circumstances mean you need to. As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we also don't want to turn anyone away from our courses and events. If payment is still a problem, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you. Our prices change on 1st September 2019.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com
• Please arrive from 10 am for a 10.30 start in the shrine room
• Please bring vegan food to share. If it's vegetarian but not vegan, please label it clearly.
Awareness to Insight
What is the relationship between mindfulness and wisdom? How can a simple practice of ongoing awareness help us know the nature of reality? How can Right View, or Dharma perspective, liberate the mind and heart from dukkha? Cultivating an awareness that is both receptive and reflexive, we will use the Buddha’s words from the Satipatthana Sutta, to put this profound yet accessible teaching into practice.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date