Celebrating the Buddha’s Teachings
On Dharma Day we celebrate the Buddha’s first communication of the way to Enlightenment.
Join us here at the Buddhist Centre or on Zoom as we celebrate one of the major festivals of the Buddhist year with ritual, talks and meditation.
Who is the Event for?
It's suitable for anyone with experience of our two meditation practices, Mindfulness of Breathing and Metta Bhavana, and open to Buddhist ritual. Please get in touch if you're not sure.
• It’s traditional to wear something blue for this festival and many of us will do so, but it’s not a problem if you don’t!
• More about Buddhist festivals and ritual
• Arrive at 10 am to meet, relax, settle in with a drink, then it’s a prompt 10.30 start
• Please bring vegan food to share for lunch - doesn't need to be elaborate - or support one of the local cafés or takeaways
• Programme to follow. It's always safest to check the website before setting off in case the details have changed
Join this Event through the Zoom App
• Our online events are friendly and participative, often with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there may be a sudden problem at our end • If you have any accessibility needs that might stop you from attending our zoom sessions, do get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We'll do what we can to remove any accessibility barriers
• Zoom link to follow
If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com
, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before deciding whether to attend.
Supporting the Buddhist Centre
As a small community based charity, with a large building to maintain during difficult economic times, we need your help! If you value our Centre and community, please think about making a regular or one-off donation here
- choose Donate with Card
if you don't have a PayPal account and do get in touch with any queries. Thank you!