Finding Freedom in Difficult Times: Online Buddhism Six-week Course starts
Tue 7th Jul : 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm£25 – £90
Ordinary life can be hard, but things are particularly difficult right now for many of us. What can Buddhism and meditation offer in times of crisis?
The Buddha found a way to transform anxiety into ease, hate into love, despair into hope and ignorance into wisdom. He found a path that can be followed all the way to enlightenment and, best of all, he discovered that this path can be walked by anyone. Come and find out how!
As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, this course provides practical instruction in two Buddhist meditation practices to develop mindfulness and positivity.
• Read more about Buddhism and our courses
This course covers similar material and is equivalent to the Buddhism Foundation Course, so you can go on to Buddhism Going Deeper Courses after completing this one
Join this event through the Zoom AppWhile the Centre is mostly closed by the coronavirus pandemic, we're running many events online through Zoom. • New to Zoom? • Our online courses are interactive and involve small group work as well as opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. You will need a working camera and mic on your device to take part in this course • We'll email you the Zoom link to join the course once you've booked
• Bookings will close at 4 pm on 7th July
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? These are very difficult times for us, and being closed means we have lost much of our income but not much of our costs. However, we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date