Buddhism: Foundation Day Course
Sat 12th Sep : 10:30 am - 4:30 pm£25 – £45
“Not by hatred are hatreds pacified here in the world. They are pacified by love. This is the eternal law” – The Buddha
Learn about the Buddha’s message, the tools to live by it, and the basics of meditation in a friendly and structured day.
These one-day courses take place around twice a year and cover similar content to the six-week Buddhism foundation course, although the total class time is of course less. The day is suitable for newcomers to Buddhism and meditation as well as for those who have attended shorter sessions here or learned to meditate in other settings. It may also be of interest to anyone who has attended a similar day with a different theme.
PricesThe price for the day is £45 standard rate / £30 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• There will be a lunch break during the day, but given the current circumstances, we are asking people not to bring vegetarian food to share. Instead, we ask that you simply bring your own vegetarian food for lunch. Alternatively, there are many places nearby where you can buy lunch.
• Otherwise, You don't need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation halls.
Buddhism and Meditation
Buddhism offers both a vision of what a human being can become and a path to help us grow towards that ideal. On this day we’ll explore the simplest and most general formulation of the path: the Threefold Path of Ethics, Meditation and Wisdom. Most importantly, we’ll learn how we might follow this path and change our lives for the better. As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, the day will provide practical instruction in Buddhist meditation practices for developing mindfulness and positivity.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date