- This event has passed.
Greater Manchester Buddhist Convention 2018
Sun 14th Oct : 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One Root Many Branches
Once again we join local Buddhists from many traditions for a day of shared practice and friendship. The theme this year is Buddhism in Dialogue. There will be speakers and meditation practice covering a range of different Buddhist traditions, along with a series of workshops. The Convention has been running since 2006 in various venues, and this year we are hosting it here at Manchester Buddhist Centre.
Booking your place
Information and booking is available through the Buddhist Convention’s website, co-ordinated by an organising committee from many different traditions, along with Manchester University Buddhist Society.
• Booking is essential please – Register here. The downloadable programme for the day has now been mailed to everyone who has registered
• The organisers kindly ask for a £5 donation on the day to cover the vegan lunch and other essential costs. The Convention cannot take place without our support!
• Queries? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• If you’re on Facebook, you can contact the organisers there too
Can you help out on the day?
Contributors to Greater Manchester Buddhist Convention
• Triratna – Manchester Buddhist Centre
• Dechen – Kagyu Ling Buddhist Centre
• The Peak Zen
• Manchester University Buddhist Society
• Tzu Chi
• Soka Gakkai International
• Buddhist Group of Kendal
• Community of Interbeing
• Stonewater Zen
• Samatha Centre, Chorlton
• Buddhist Society Of Manchester, Sale
• Buddhist Healthcare Chaplaincy Trust