Intro to Buddhism Six-Week Course starts
Tue 2nd Nov : 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm£25 – £90
An In-Person Evening Course, Here at the Buddhist CentreWe're hoping to run this course face to face here, but if Covid arrangements make that unsafe or impossible, it will be online through Zoom. Please come back and check, or stay up to date through social media or by joining our mailing list. If you book for in-person and online doesn't work for you, we can offer a refund or transfer if things change
Changing Ourselves, Changing the World
The Buddha found a way to transform anxiety into ease, hate into love, despair into hope and ignorance into wisdom. He found a path that can be followed all the way to enlightenment and, best of all, he discovered that this path can be walked by anyone. Come and find out how!
As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, this course provides practical instruction in two Buddhist meditation practices to develop mindfulness and love. The course covers similar material and is equivalent to the Buddhism Foundation Course, so you can go on to Buddhism Going Deeper Courses after completing this one.
• Read more about Buddhism and our courses
“I found the Buddha’s journey to Enlightenment particularly inspiring” – past participant
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? These are very difficult times for us, and being closed for so long means we have lost much of our income but not much of our costs. However, we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team at email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
• Bookings will close at 3 pm on the day the course starts
If you’ve booked on to the Course
Please get here twenty minutes before we start on the first evening, and read our advice on visiting the Centre in person. We look forward to seeing you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? email@example.com
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date