- This event has passed.
Intro to Buddhism Six-Week Course Starts at the Centre: Fully Booked
Tue 7th Sep : 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£25 – £90
Sorry, this in-person evening course here at the Centre is now fully booked. The next one starts on 2nd November
If you’ve booked on to the Course
Please get here twenty minutes before we start on the first evening, and read our advice on visiting the Centre in person. We look forward to seeing you.
Change Yourself, Change the World
There’s so much difficulty and suffering in the world. It can be overwhelming. In our efforts to help we can end up doing more harm than good, ending up hateful and burned out. There is another way.
Buddhism teaches us that to transform the world, we need to begin with ourselves. Once we can look inwards, see what’s really going on and cultivate love and awareness, we will begin to change those around us. Join this six-week course to find out how! As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, this course provides practical instruction in two Buddhist meditation practices to develop mindfulness and love. The course covers similar material and is equivalent to the Buddhism Foundation Course, so you can go on to Buddhism Going Deeper courses after completing this one.
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? These are very difficult times for us, and being closed for so long means we have lost much of our income but not much of our costs. However, we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
• Bookings will close at 3 pm on the day the course starts
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date