- This event has passed.
Wake Up! – Intro to Buddhism Six-Week Course starts
Tue 4th May : 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
As we emerge from a dark, cold, pandemic winter, now is the time to ask some important questions.
Are you sleepwalking through life?
Are you making the most of your limited time alive?
Do you want to wake up? Really wake up?
Difficult times can help us to see things more clearly, that we’re capable of more, we’re capable of waking up.
Join us on this six-week introduction to Buddhism course, we’ll explore how the Buddha woke up and the essential foundations of his teaching. As well as an introduction to Buddhist teaching, this course provides practical instruction in two Buddhist meditation practices to develop mindfulness and love.
• Read more about Buddhism and our courses
This course covers similar material and is equivalent to the Buddhism Foundation Course, so you can go on to Buddhism Going Deeper Courses after completing this one
Join this event through the Zoom App• New to Zoom? • Our online courses are interactive and involve small group work as well as opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. You will need a working camera and mic on your device to take part in this course • We'll email you the Zoom link to join the course once you've booked
• Bookings will close at 3 pm on the starting day of the course
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? These are very difficult times for us, and being closed means we have lost much of our income but not much of our costs. However, we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date