Introduction to Meditation: One-day Course
Sat 11th May : 10:30 am - 4:30 pm£20 – £50
A friendly and informal day covering the essential aspects of Buddhist meditation. The day is suitable for newcomers to meditation as well as for those who have attended shorter sessions here or learned to meditate in other settings. Nishpara leads the day this time.
These one-day courses take place every few weeks and cover similar content to the six-week meditation foundation evening course, although the total class time is of course less. There will be help with finding a comfortable posture; short meditation periods building body and breath awareness; discussions and questions; and pointers for establishing a regular personal meditation practice.
PaymentThe price for the day is £50, but do pay the £40 reduced rate or £20 low rate if your circumstances mean you need to. As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we also don't want to turn anyone away from our courses and events. If payment is still a problem, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Metta Bhavana Practice
We will particularly focus on the Metta Bhavana practice today, for developing positive feelings towards ourselves and others. Although the day is suitable for complete beginners, it is also appropriate for those who have already learned the mindfulness of breathing practice but not the Metta Bhavana, and for those who have attended taster sessions here.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please bring vegetarian food to share for lunch - doesn't have to be elaborate!
• Otherwise, You don't need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation halls.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date