- This event has passed.
Meditation: Six-week Foundation Course Starts
Wed 4th Mar : 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£25 – £90
The two simple Buddhist meditation practices we teach in this friendly course help develop mindfulness, concentration, positivity and kindness. The same meditation practices are taught on our Buddhism courses.
Meditation is not just about learning techniques though. It's about understanding the spirit of meditation and using what we learn in our day to day lives. Over the years our Buddhist community's teachers have shared that spirit with thousands of people facing stress, tiredness, feeling overwhelmed or simply wanting to be more in touch with themselves.
"It was a very supportive and accepting environment. I have loved every minute!"Six-week courses take place several times through the year, with occasional breaks at holiday times.
This time the course will be taught by two very experienced teachers, Silabodhi and Suryaka, with the possibility of other guest teachers.
• Read more about meditation
• Read the course handouts
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• You don't need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation halls.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date