Meditation: Six-week Foundation Course Starts
Wed 6th Mar, 2019 : 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£35 – £90
A Course in Buddhist Meditation: Tranquillity, Love, Joy, and Wisdom
The two Buddhist meditation practices we teach in this course help develop awareness, concentration, friendliness and kindness. Practised regularly, these meditations also form the indispensable basis of Insight meditation, which results in wisdom and compassion. The same meditation practices are taught on our Buddhism foundation and introductory courses.
Meditation is not just about learning techniques and following instructions – it is also about understanding the spirit of meditation. It is best to get to know this through contact with an experienced teacher – someone in touch with that spirit.
£90 full rate, £65 mid rate, or £35 low rate, for the six weeks. Please decide which price fits your circumstances and income. Six-week courses take place several times a year, usually with a short break over the summer.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• You don't need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation halls.
Problem paying?We don't want to turn anyone away. If you are unable to pay the suggested rates, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date