- This event has passed.
Meditation Weekend with Paramananda 2019
Sat 10th Aug : 10:00 am - Sun 11th Aug : 4:30 pm£40 – £100
Author of several best-selling books, including the classic Change your Mind and the recent Myth of Meditation, Paramananda returns to Manchester, bringing the wisdom of three decades of teaching Buddhist meditation. This time he focusses on putting imagination at the heart of our meditation practice. The weekend is non-residential and runs at the same times each day.
PaymentThe price for the weekend is £100, but do pay the £80 reduced rate or £40 low rate if your circumstances mean you need to. As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we also don't want to turn anyone away from our courses and events. If payment is still a problem, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you. Our prices change on 1st September 2019.
Who is this Weekend for?
It’s suitable for anyone with six months experience of the two meditation practices we teach here – mindfulness of breathing and Metta Bhavana
Paramananda has been running annual weekends at the Centre for ten years now and they are always very popular, so do book early to avoid disappointment. Online bookings may close a few days before. To be fair to everybody, we don’t normally take bookings for a single day, although this may become possible just before the weekend if there are still places available – give us a ring on the Friday.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com
• Please bring vegan food to share. If it's vegetarian but not vegan, please label it clearly.
Relaxing into Awareness
The weekend will look at the crucial role our bodies play in the craft of meditation, how awareness is the natural state of an aligned and relaxed body. We will support our normal meditation practices with the ancient Greek practice of incubation enhanced by the application of shamanic drumming, using these to fully let go and grant deeper access to the unconscious elements of our psyche. Along with poetry, this approach puts the imagination rather than our ego conscious at the heart of our meditation practice and invites a radically different experience of what it might mean to meditate.
Problem paying?We don't want to turn anyone away. If you are unable to pay the suggested rates, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date