- This event has passed.
Meditation Weekend, Online with Paramananda
Sat 19th Sep : 10:30 am - Sun 20th Sep : 4:30 pm
Author of several best-selling books, including the classics Change your Mind and Myth of Meditation, Paramananda returns to our Manchester community, bringing the wisdom of three decades of teaching Buddhist meditation.
Relaxing into Awareness
We will look at the crucial role our bodies play in the craft of meditation – how awareness is the natural state of an aligned and relaxed body. We will support our normal practices of meditation with the ancient Greek practice of incubation, enhanced by the application of shamanic drumming, using these to fully let go and grant deeper access to the unconscious elements of our psyche. Along with poetry, this approach puts the imagination rather than our ego consciousness at the heart of our meditation practice and invites a radically difference experience of what it might mean to meditate.
Programme for both days
• 10 am – Zoom meeting opens online
• 10.30 – 12.30 pm – Meditation input from Paramananda
• 2.30 – 4.30 pm – Self-led/directed practice or reflection time based on morning input. There may also be opportunity to come together in a breakout group with other participants.
Who is this Weekend for?It's suitable for anyone familiar with the two meditation practices we teach here - Mindfulness of Breathing and Metta Bhavana - and with at least six months regular meditation practice. Intensive meditation weekends may bring up difficult issues though, so if you have a diagnosed or suspected mental health condition, or are at a painful point in your life, please talk to us before you book, so that we can make sure that this weekend is going to be the best thing for you at this time.
PricesThe price for the weekend is £90 standard rate; £60 concessionary; £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Join this event through the Zoom AppWhile the Centre is mostly closed by the coronavirus pandemic, we're running many events online through Zoom. • New to Zoom? • Our online classes and other events are friendly and participative, with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there's probably a sudden problem at our end.
• We’ll email you the Zoom link to join the day once you’ve booked
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? email@example.com
• Please note: bookings will close at 4pm on Friday 18th September.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date