- This event has passed.
Body – Heart – Love – Space: Online Meditation Weekend with Tejananda
Sat 27th Jun : 10:00 am - Sun 28th Jun : 4:30 pm£25 – £90
Tejananda has been teaching meditation for many years and practising for over thirty. Chair of Vajraloka retreat centre, he is one of the leading teachers within our community and is particularly inspired by “formless” approaches to meditation.
Who is this Weekend for?It's suitable for anyone familiar with the two meditation practices we teach here - Mindfulness of Breathing and Metta Bhavana - and with at least six months regular meditation practice. Intensive meditation weekends may bring up difficult issues though, so if you have a diagnosed or suspected mental health condition, or are at a painful point in your life, please talk to us before you book, so that we can make sure that this weekend is going to be the best thing for you at this time.
PricesThe price for the weekend is £90 standard rate; £60 concessionary; £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.. Bookings will close at 4 pm on Friday 26th June
Body – Heart – Love – Space
In Buddhist practice, we are trying to cultivate a heart that loves all beings unconditionally. In meditation, we often learn to cultivate love, or metta, via phrases we repeat, or by using our imagination. However, it is by nature a quality or expression of our whole being. If we open to metta through the aliveness of our body and heart (soma) it opens out and finds its true nature and home.
Opening to metta in this way means that the other divine abodes – compassion, joy and equanimity – can begin to manifest more spontaneously in our lives and interactions with others. The divine abodes are also known as the boundless qualities (apramana) and we’ll explore the divine abodes together with our sense of space, bounds and limits, so that these qualities can become truly unbounded.
Programme for both days
10 am: Arrive on Zoom call
10:15: Morning session with Tejananda
12:30: Lunch break
2.30 – 3:30: Small groups using Zoom breakout: reflective space, discussion and enquiry into our experience
4 pm: Tejananda invites whole group feedback
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Join this event through the Zoom AppWhile the Centre is closed by the coronavirus pandemic, we're running many events online through Zoom. • New to Zoom? • Our online classes and other events are friendly and participative, with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there's probably a sudden problem at our end
• We’ll email you the Zoom link to join the event once you’ve booked
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date