Mindful Communication for Crazy Times Workshop
Sun 15th Mar : 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£25 – £45
A workshop exploring the principles and practice of mindful communication, with Jayaraja.
Who is this Workshop for?
It’s suitable for anyone familiar with the Mindfulness of Breathing and the Metta Bhavana meditation practices, though some experience of mindful communication will help you to get the most out of the course. You can read Non-Violent Communication by Marshall Rosenberg, or watch YouTube talks by Marshall or Jayaraja as a start.
PricesThe price for the day is £45 standard rate / £30 concessionary / £25 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Can you help out on the Day?If you're thinking of booking, we often need one or two friendly Sangha members to take on the practical organisation of this sort of event, and who then have a free place. Much of the work is done before and after, so you'd still be able to join in with everyone else. Please contact Sundeep on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the organising team. Thank you!
Mindful Communication for Crazy Times
How do we respond to difficult situations with creativity and love? Can we stay true to our values and remain open and connected, when coming into contact with people with opposing views? Why do disagreement and polarisation arise when people get together to try and make a difference, and how can we move through this smoothly to achieve the greatest good?
Jayaraja draws on his Dharma practice, the principles of Marshall Rosenberg’s Non-Violent Communication, his training in Gestalt psychotherapy and research into neuropsychology, trauma healing and attachment theory to unearth answers to some of these questions. He has been teaching meditation and mindfulness for over 25 years and is the co-author of two books on play and community building and two on communication for teenagers.
You will learn by seeing the principles lived out in Jayaraja’s way of being and teaching, as well as through exercises, role-play and games. You’ll gain skills and learning that will help you to listen to yourself and others more effectively as well as deepening your understanding of the nature of the human mind.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com
• Please bring vegan food to share. If it's vegetarian but not vegan, please label it clearly.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date