- This event has passed.
Young Buddhists Day Retreat: Mind Reactive, Mind Creative
Sun 3rd Oct : 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
A day of meditation, discussion and friendship led by Aparajita, Suryaka and Tom. Anyone aged 18-30 is welcome to attend this full-day retreat of Buddhist practice and meditation at the Buddhist Centre.
Mind Reactive, Mind Creative
Some things in life feel pleasant; a new partner, comfort food, good weather. Other things feel unpleasant; a break-up, somebody disagreeing with us, broken technology.
This is perfectly natural. The problem is, we base our happiness on it. We are driven through life by the desperate desire to feel pleasure. Inevitably though, there’ll be times in life when pleasure isn’t present. Then we often make our lives even more difficult by pushing and pulling in an attempt to bring the pleasure back!
The Buddha taught that peace is found by letting go of this constant pushing and pulling. We can experience the coming and going of pleasure and pain, without reacting out of fear and craving. This letting go also allows new creativity to emerge. We find ourselves responding more playfully, compassionately and with greater awareness.
During this day retreat, we’ll be exploring the theme of Mind Reactive, Mind Creative. We’ll be meditating together, discussing and doing other exercises which will help us to move away from a restricted, repetitive and reactive state of mind, towards a mind filled with love, joy and creativity.
Booking your Free Place
• Please book in advance to save your place
• Book online for free
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Please note: this event is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please email email@example.com.
• Our November Young Buddhists Day retreat is now also open for booking