- This event has passed.
Tools for Living in Challenging Times, Online
Sat 2nd May : 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Saturday, repeating until Sat 30th May, 2020
Everyone is welcome at these friendly and practical weekly introductions to how Buddhism and meditation might help us in our day to day lives. In these uncertain times, we feel the Buddha’s teachings are all the more important. Come once or as often as you like, newcomers and regulars together. Suryaka and Shakyajata lead the sessions with a team of helpers.
Join this event through the Zoom AppWhile the Centre is closed by the coronavirus pandemic, we're running many events online through Zoom. • New to Zoom? • Our online classes and other events are friendly and participative, with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there's probably a sudden problem at our end
• Take me to the class
Supporting the CentreWe want to offer as much as we can freely online for as long as can. These are very difficult times for us though, and being closed means we have lost much of our income but not much of our costs: we need your help! So if you value our Centre and community, please make a regular or one-off donation here. The usual rates for these classes are £6 standard rate or £4 concessionary rate
More about Tools for Living in Challenging Times
Buddhism says that we can live with fearlessness and love even in the most challenging of circumstances. We’ve taken our Saturday sessions online to explore these issues and more, and also to meditate together. The sessions are usually grouped around a theme over a month or so of Saturdays, but there is no need to come to all of them nor to start at the beginning, even if you’re here for the first time. Each session stands alone and will always start with a recap when it’s needed and all meditation is led.
• 30th May: Vision and Transformation: Effort, Awareness and Meditation
• 6th June: How we can change – the Heart of Buddhism
• 13th June: No Tools session, as it is the Centre’s annual weekend retreat. Regulars at Tools who are familiar with the two meditations we teach and are open to Buddhist ritual are very welcome to join us on the online retreat
• 20th June: How we can change – find the gap!
• 27th June: How we can change – creating a better world part 1
• 4th July: How we can change – creating a better world part 2
• 11th July: How we can change – meditation
• 18th July How we can change – how things really are!