Today we celebrate Padmasambhava, an important figure in the Buddhist tradition and in the Triratna Buddhist Community.
Gather here at the Centre or online to celebrate the teachings of the Guru, and give thanks for his wisdom.
Padmasambhava, also known as Guru Rimpoche, stands at the mysterious crossroads where history and myth meet, his life transcending space and time. Associated with helping us transform demon energies into spiritual qualities, he shape-shifts and fascinates us to go beyond ourselves into unimagined realms.
Who is the Event for?
It's suitable for anyone with experience of our two meditation practices, Mindfulness of Breathing and Metta Bhavana, and open to Buddhist ritual. Please get in touch if you're not sure.
• It’s traditional to wear something red for this festival and many of us will do so, but it’s not a problem if you don’t!
• More about Buddhist festivals and ritual
• Arrive at 10 am to meet, relax, settle in with a drink, then it’s a prompt 10.30 start
• Please bring vegan food to share for lunch - doesn't need to be elaborate - or support one of the local cafés or takeaways
• Programme to follow. It's always safest to check the website before setting off in case the details have changed
Join this Event through the Zoom App
• Our online events are friendly and participative, often with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there may be a sudden problem at our end • If you have any accessibility needs that might stop you from attending our zoom sessions, do get in touch with us at email@example.com
. We'll do what we can to remove any accessibility barriers
• Zoom link to follow
If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before deciding whether to attend.
Supporting the Buddhist Centre
There is no charge to attend but we deeply appreciate donations. You can make regular or one-off online donations here;
contactless card donations on our first-floor donation station next to the lift; or leave cash in the box by the till. Thank you, and do please get in touch with any queries.