The Big Sangha Retreat
Thu 16th Jun : 6:00 pm - Sun 19th Jun : 3:00 pm£60 – £150
The Magic and Transformative Power of the Sangha Jewel
After more than three years, our Manchester Sangha is once again able to gather in large numbers at Adhisthana, the magnificent home of our movement, set in the beautiful Herefordshire countryside. This is a fantastic opportunity to come together as a sangha and witness a snapshot of our community as we are in 2022, deepening our connection to each other and the Three Jewels.
On this retreat we’ll celebrate our history as a sangha – recollecting our history, our lineage, and honouring those who came before us to build the sangha as we experience it today. We’ll explore why the sangha jewel is so important, and why we can’t transform ourselves or the world without it. And we’ll look at the transformative, and sometimes challenging, power of sangha – the grit in the oyster that forms beautiful pearls.
All this will take place at Adhisthana, a beautiful and spacious venue, rooting us in the wider history of the Triratna Community, and Sangharakshita as our founder and teacher. Adhisthana means Blessings – join us as we experience the blessings of history, lineage and friendship.
Who is the Retreat for?
Mitras, Order Members, those training for ordination, and friends with a more recent connection with our Centre, are all most welcome. A familiarity with the two fundamental meditation practices of Mindfulness of Breathing and Loving Kindness, and an open, receptive heart, are all that is required.
Prices and Practicals
• £150 standard rate / £100 concessionary / £60 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our events. Please contact the Centre Team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
• Full joining details will be sent after booking
• Accommodation is mostly in twin rooms, in a men’s and women’s block, with other rooms also available outside of these blocks. There is good disabled access
• All meals are provided and are fully vegan, unlimited cups of tea are available too!
• Please arrive between 4 – 6pm in time for evening meal
Retreat FundSangha members who cannot afford a retreat may be able to get help from our retreat bursary fund. Or if you can, please give to the fund so everyone gets the chance to go on retreat.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date