Tejananda leads a weekend for experienced meditators, here in person at the Buddhist Centre.
It will centre around spiritual death practices, and could be quite challenging of our preconceptions. This means it’s suitable only for regular meditators with a good basis in integration and positive emotion, along with an understanding of the fundamental principles of the Dharma. Please get in touch if you’re not sure. More details on the theme will follow.
The weekend is non-residential and runs at the same times each day
Tejananda has been teaching meditation for many years and practising for over thirty. Chair of Vajraloka retreat centre, he is one of the leading teachers within our community and is particularly inspired by “formless” approaches to meditation.
Who is this Weekend for?
It’s suitable for anyone familiar with the two meditation practices we teach here – Mindfulness of Breathing and Metta Bhavana and who have an understanding of the core principles of Buddhism. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not sure
The price for the weekend is £95
standard rate; £65 concessionary
; £35 age 18 - 25
. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on email@example.com
and we'll work something out with you.
• Bookings close at 3pm on Friday 3rd November Book Now
• Arrive at 10 am to meet, relax, settle in with a drink, then it’s a prompt 10.30 start
• The retreat will finish no later than 5pm on the Sunday
• Please bring your own vegetarian or vegan food for lunch, or support one of the local cafés and takeaways
• You might like to bring a note book and pen too
Supporting your Attendance
However frequently you visit Manchester Buddhist Centre it's always a good idea to check your transport and route ahead, to save time and stress and give yourself supportive conditions to arrive and be fully at the event. You might also consider having a quiet night at home afterwards to absorb the effects.
If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before deciding whether to attend.
Booking your Place
• Book here online
or at reception when we're open - 0161 834 9232
• If payment is an issue or you have any questions, email email@example.com
or ring 0161 834 9232
during opening hours
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information
box at checkout
What if I have to cancel?
Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date