The Play of Now – Movement and Stillness in Crisis and Ease
Sat 21st Nov : 10:00 am - Sun 22nd Nov : 4:30 pm
… everything is interconnected and nothing can ever really be ordinary – in the sense of being without deeper meaning – at all. Sangharakshita
Movement and Meditation
In this online workshop we will use movement exercises and meditation to support our practice in times of crisis. Openness can be present and give us stability, even when times are uncertain. Movement is there, even within restriction. Though isolated, we can experience that we and the world – other people and all of nature – are deeply connected and movement and engaging face to face can really help and heal us after this time.
Using improvisation we can move away from modes of relating based on control, on power over others, and find new ways to meet, be-with, allowing flow, and letting others, nature, diversity and life flow through us. See Jayachitta’s website for more information.
Programme for both days
• 10 am – Zoom meeting opens online
• 10.30 – 12.30 – Morning session with Jayachitta
• 2 – 4 pm – Afternoon session with Jayachitta
Who is this Weekend for?
It’s suitable for anyone who has completed an introductory meditation or Buddhism course here. No previous experience of dance required, just come in comfortable clothing.
The price for the weekend is £60 standard rate; £40 concessionary; £25 age 18 – 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don’t want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on email@example.com and we’ll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bookings will close at 4pm on Friday 20th November.
Join this event through the Zoom AppWhile the Centre is mostly closed by the coronavirus pandemic, we're running many events online through Zoom. • New to Zoom? • Our online classes and other events are friendly and participative, with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there's probably a sudden problem at our end.
• We’ll email you the Zoom link to join the weekend once you’ve booked.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date