- This event has passed.
The Play of Now – Distance and Connectedness
Sat 18th Sep : 10:30 am - Sun 19th Sep : 4:30 pm£25 – £90
Everything is interconnected and nothing can ever really be ordinary – in the sense of being without deeper meaning – at all Sangharakshita
A Dance of Meeting and Separation
During this weekend, led by Jayachitta, we will use movement exercises, dance and meditation to support our practice. Openness, space and interconnectedness are present even when times are uncertain. This is the theme of improvisation: being in the unknown, and allowing ourselves to be moved not by our personal intention, but responding to life as it presents itself, now.
In the workshop, we will engage in meeting again through movement and meditation with a sense of curiosity, discovery and kind interest. We will meet, dance, sit and enjoy surprising depths and laughs in Playing in the Now.
See Jayachitta’s website for more information.
Who is this Weekend for?
It’s suitable for anyone! No previous experience of meditation or dance required, just come in comfortable clothing.
The price for the weekend is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 – 25. Payment still a problem? We don’t want to turn anyone away from our events if they can’t afford to attend. Please contact the Centre Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bookings will close at 4pm on Friday 17th September
We’re planning to hold this event in-person at Manchester Buddhist Centre
Although we are asking for a payment with your booking, we understand that these are difficult and uncertain times in terms of planning and cash flow for many of us. To help with this:
• We’ll give a full refund if COVID regulations mean we need to deliver the weekend online
• If this is the case we will let you know with plenty of notice and give you the option of cancelling or transferring to the online weekend
• If you’d prefer to just pay a deposit for now, please pay the Young Person’s rate of £50 and let us know that it is a deposit in the notes field, rather than a full booking as an 18-25 year old
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date