- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Tools for Living your Life
Sat 19th Oct : 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
We’re very sorry but we’ve had to cancel this class. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Classes back to normal next week
A weekly practical and friendly introduction to Buddhism and meditation, with a variety of teachers covering themes that run for a few weeks in stand-alone sessions. No need to book or bring anything special, just turn up a few minutes before – we start on time! Sorry, no session on 28th December
• £6 standard rate or £4 concessionary rate
• We don’t want to turn anyone away. If you can’t afford the charges, then have a word with us - we’ll try and help
• Please make sure you arrive in good time so the class isn’t disturbed by latecomers. We'll do our best to be flexible if you're delayed, but can't admit anybody more than five minutes after the start time
More about these Buddhism and Meditation Sessions
We mostly look at how Buddhism and meditation might help in our everyday lives, and around half the time will be spent in meditation, with full instructions and guidance. It’s a great way to check out whether you’d like to sign up for an evening course in Buddhism and meditation, or just a great start to your weekend! Read about our approach to Buddhism and the kinds of meditation we teach. The sessions are usually grouped around a theme over a month or so of Saturdays, but there is no need to come to all of them or to start at the beginning, even if you’re here for the first time. Each session stands alone and will always start with a recap when it’s needed.
• 19th October: The Five Ethical Precepts: Truthful communication
• 26th October: The Five Ethical Precepts: Mindfulness clear and radiant