- This event has passed.
Tools for Living your Life
Sat 1st Sep : 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
A weekly practical and friendly introduction to Buddhism and meditation, different theme and teacher each time and with plenty of chance for questions. Total beginners very welcome.
£6 full rate or £4 low rate if you can, depending on your circumstances and income. No need to book or bring anything special, just turn up a few minutes before – we start on time! We don’t want to turn anyone away. If you can’t afford the charges, then have a word with us - we’ll try and help. Please make sure you arrive in good time so the class isn’t disturbed by latecomers. We'll do our best to be flexible if you're delayed, but can't admit anybody more than five minutes after the start time.
More about these Buddhism and Meditation Sessions
We mostly look at how Buddhism and meditation might help in our everyday lives, and around half the time will be spent in meditation, with full instructions and guidance. It’s a great way to check out whether you’d like to sign up for an evening course in Buddhism and meditation, or just a great start to your weekend! Read about our approach to Buddhism and the kinds of meditation we teach.
The sessions are grouped to follow a series of themes, but there is no need to come to all of them or to start at the beginning, even if you’re here for the first time. Each session stands alone and will always start with a recap when it’s needed.
September to November: The Noble Eightfold Path
• 15th September: Right vision, with Arthavadin
• 22nd September: Right emotion, with Chandana and Kirstine
• 29th September: Right communication, with Aparajita and Kirstine
• 6th October: Right action, with Chandana and Kirstine
• 13th October: Right livelihood, with Suryaka and Kirstine
• 20th October: Right effort, with Mahabodhi
• 27th October: Right awareness
• 3rd November: Right samādhi, with Shakyajata and Bridie
November: The Four Noble Truths
• 10th November: Suffering, with Arthavadin
• 17th November: The causes of suffering, with Shakyajata
• 24th November: The ending of suffering, with Arthavadin and Bridie
• 1st December: The path leading to the end of suffering, with Chandana and Kirstine
• 8th December: One-off session, with Shakyajata and Kirstine
• 15th December: One-off session, with Chandana
• 22nd December: One-off session, with Shakyajata and Bridie
• 29th December: Sorry, no session on 29th December