- This event has passed.
Tools for Living your Life
Sat 11th Aug : 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Saturday, repeating until Sat 18th Aug, 2018
A weekly practical and friendly introduction to Buddhism and meditation, different theme and teacher each time and with plenty of chance for questions. Total beginners very welcome.
£6 full rate or £4 low rate if you can, depending on your circumstances and income. No need to book or bring anything special, just turn up a few minutes before – we start on time! We don’t want to turn anyone away. If you can’t afford the charges, then have a word with us - we’ll try and help. Please make sure you arrive in good time so the class isn’t disturbed by latecomers. We'll do our best to be flexible if you're delayed, but can't admit anybody more than five minutes after the start time.
More about these Buddhism and Meditation Sessions
We mostly look at how Buddhism and meditation might help in our everyday lives, and around half the time will be spent in meditation, with full instructions and guidance. It’s a great way to check out whether you’d like to sign up for an evening course in Buddhism and meditation, or just a great start to your weekend! Read about our approach to Buddhism and the kinds of meditation we teach.
The sessions are grouped to follow a series of themes, but there is no need to come to all of them or to start at the beginning, even if you’re here for the first time. Each session stands alone and will always start with a recap when it’s needed.
August – September: The Six Perfections
• 4th August: Generosity, with Aparajita and Barbara
• 11th August: Ethics, with Shakyajata
• 18th August: Forbearance, with Shakyajata and Kirstine
• 25th August: Energy, with Lynne-Marie and Kirstine
• 1st September: Concentration, with Mahabodhi and Barbara
• 8th September: Wisdom, with Chandana and Kirstine
September to November: The Noble Eightfold Path
• 15th September: Right vision
• 22nd September: Right emotion with Chandana and Kirstine
• 29th September: Right communication with Aparajita and Kirstine
• 6th October: Right action
• 13h October: Right livelihood
• 20h October: Right effort
• 27h October: Right awareness
• 3rd November: Right samādhi