- This event has passed.
Tools for Living your Life
Sat 8th Jun : 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
A weekly practical and friendly introduction to Buddhism and meditation, with a variety of teachers covering a theme that runs for a few weeks. No need to book or bring anything special, just turn up a few minutes before – we start on time!
• £6 full rate or £4 low rate if you can, depending on your circumstances and income
• We don’t want to turn anyone away. If you can’t afford the charges, then have a word with us - we’ll try and help
• Please make sure you arrive in good time so the class isn’t disturbed by latecomers. We'll do our best to be flexible if you're delayed, but can't admit anybody more than five minutes after the start time
More about these Buddhism and Meditation Sessions
We mostly look at how Buddhism and meditation might help in our everyday lives, and around half the time will be spent in meditation, with full instructions and guidance. It’s a great way to check out whether you’d like to sign up for an evening course in Buddhism and meditation, or just a great start to your weekend! Read about our approach to Buddhism and the kinds of meditation we teach. The sessions are usually grouped around a theme over a month or so of Saturdays, but there is no need to come to all of them or to start at the beginning, even if you’re here for the first time. Each session stands alone and will always start with a recap when it’s needed.
The Noble Eightfold Path
• 22nd June: Perfect Vision, with Lynne-Marie and Kirstine
• 29th June: Perfect Emotion, with Kirstine and Karen
• 6th July: Perfect Speech
• 13th July: Perfect Action
• 20th July: Perfect Livelihood
• 27th July: Perfect Effort
• 3rd August: Perfect Awareness
• 10th August: Perfect Samadhi