Tools for Living your Life
Sat 24th Aug : 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
A weekly practical and friendly introduction to Buddhism and meditation, with a variety of teachers covering themes that run for a few weeks in stand-alone sessions. No need to book or bring anything special, just turn up a few minutes before – we start on time!
• £6 full rate or £4 reduced rate if you can, depending on your circumstances and income. More information on prices
• We don’t want to turn anyone away. If you can’t afford the charges, then have a word with us - we’ll try and help
• Please make sure you arrive in good time so the class isn’t disturbed by latecomers. We'll do our best to be flexible if you're delayed, but can't admit anybody more than five minutes after the start time
More about these Buddhism and Meditation Sessions
We mostly look at how Buddhism and meditation might help in our everyday lives, and around half the time will be spent in meditation, with full instructions and guidance. It’s a great way to check out whether you’d like to sign up for an evening course in Buddhism and meditation, or just a great start to your weekend! Read about our approach to Buddhism and the kinds of meditation we teach. The sessions are usually grouped around a theme over a month or so of Saturdays, but there is no need to come to all of them or to start at the beginning, even if you’re here for the first time. Each session stands alone and will always start with a recap when it’s needed.
• 17th August: The Noble Eightfold Path: Perfect Awareness, with Shakyajata and Kirstine
• 24th August: The Noble Eightfold Path: Perfect Samadhi, with Chandana and Karen
• 31st August: The Four Noble Truths: The truth of suffering, with Shakyajata and Karen
• 7th September: The Four Noble Truths: The truth of the causes of suffering, with Chandana and Kirstine
• 14th September: The Four Noble Truths: The truth of the end of suffering, with Chandana and Sal
• 21st September: The Four Noble Truths: The truth of the path leading to the end of suffering, with Mahabodhi