Wake Up! Six-Week Buddhism and Meditation Course starts, for 18 – 30s
Tue 28th Apr : 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm£25
Can we really find happiness in more and more distraction, and having ever more stuff? Buddhism tells us that this won’t work – but that there is real happiness to be found if we look in the right place.
Over six Tuesday evenings, in a group of people aged 18 – 30, we will learn two Buddhist meditation practices to develop mindfulness and positivity and try out some powerful Buddhist wisdom teachings that can change the way we see the world. Using team-teaching, small-group discussion, meditation and practical exercises, this course gives us the tools to become more like the person we want to be.
After completing the course, you can move on to our Going Deeper courses, or maybe think about taking your practice deeper on the Sub30 Weekend Retreat, at Adhisthana in Herefordshire, as well as attending Buddhist festivals and many other events here.
PaymentThe price for the six weeks is £25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• You don't need to bring anything apart from yourself or wear anything special, but you might want some socks as we take our shoes off in the meditation halls.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date