Wolf at the Door Writing Weekend 2020
Sat 7th Nov : 10:00 am - Sun 8th Nov : 4:30 pm£25 – £60
Woven with the Dharma and laced with the unexpected
Our popular writing weekend returns for 2020, this time delivered online, so you can take part wherever you are!
Imagination is essential in the spiritual life; it makes available and harmonises the different energies within us. Wolf at the Door offers a friendly and nurturing way of exploring this through writing.
You don’t have to share what you write, though doing so can be just the creative challenge some of us need!
No writing experience necessary, just a willingness to step through the door of the imagination. No prior reading necessary but Wolf founder Manjusvara’s Writing Your Way and The Poet’s Way are excellent
We ask that to make the most of this virtual event, that you arrange to join us on a laptop or computer, rather than a tablet or phone. Please set aside a place in your home where you can attend the Zoom event without being disturbed, and minimize distractions by switching off other devices and apps, if at all possible. The weekend will involve a mixture of input via Zoom and writing, so making space nearby to be able to write whilst also being part of the Zoom meeting, will help you get the most of the weekend.
About the course leaders
• Dharmavadana’s poems have appeared in several magazines and the anthology The Heart as Origami: Contemporary Buddhist Poets. He is poetry editor of the Buddhist arts magazine Urthona
• Satyagita writes to make sense of her world. She has been a tutor on a University of East Anglia continuing education writing course and recently had a short story published in Women and Words 2
• More about Wolf at the Door
Join this event through the Zoom AppWhile the Centre is mostly closed by the coronavirus pandemic, we're running many events online through Zoom. • New to Zoom? • Our online classes and other events are friendly and participative, with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there's probably a sudden problem at our end.
• We’ll email you the Zoom link to join the day once you’ve booked
The price for the weekend is £60 standard rate / £40 concessionary / £25 age 18 – 25. Payment still a problem? These are very difficult times for us, and being closed means we have lost much of our income but not much of our costs. However, we don’t want to turn anyone away from our courses. Please contact the Centre Team at email@example.com and we’ll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? email@example.com
• Please note: bookings will close at 4pm on Friday 6th November.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date