Wolf at the Door Writing Weekend 2021
Sat 9th Oct : 10:00 am - Sun 10th Oct : 4:30 pm£25 – £90
A creative writing workshop inspired by Buddhist principles and practice
The imagination makes available and harmonises what may seem contrary energies within us and makes the spiritual life possible. Wolf at the Door offers a friendly and nurturing way of exploring this essential human faculty through writing.
For those having been to a workshop before, this weekend offers a space to reconnect and explore the art of your writing in supportive conditions. Newcomers are warmly welcome as participants do not need any prior writing or meditation experience. However, as the retreat builds over two days you must be able to commit to both days and booking for single days is not possible.
You will be invited to share what you write, reading out to the group. While this is by no means obligatory, it can be a very pleasurable and deepening aspect of these workshops.
Please note that the workshop will be in person if conditions allow. If it is necessary to run it online, the workshop leaders will keep as much as possible to the usual Wolf at the Door format, but there will inevitably be adaptations and requirements necessary for the Zoom platform.
About the course leaders
• Dharmavadana’s poems have appeared in several magazines and the anthology The Heart as Origami: Contemporary Buddhist Poets. He is poetry editor of the Buddhist arts magazine Urthona
• Satyagita writes to make sense of her world. She has been a tutor on a University of East Anglia continuing education writing course and recently had a short story published in Women and Words 2
• More about Wolf at the Door
The price for the weekend is £90 standard rate / £60 concessionary / £25 age 18 – 25. Payment still a problem? We don’t want to turn anyone away from our events if they can’t afford to attend. Please contact the Centre Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please note: bookings will close at 4pm on Friday 8th October
Although we are asking for a payment with your booking, we understand that these are difficult and uncertain times in terms of planning and cash flow for many of us. To help with, we’d like to offer the following options / reassurances:
• That a full refund will be given if, due to COVID regulations, we need to deliver the retreat online
• If this is the case we will let you know with plenty of notice and give you the option of cancelling or transferring to the online retreat
• Feel free to pay the Young Person’s rate of £25, if you’d prefer to just pay deposit for now – please let us know that it is a deposit in the notes fields of the booking
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date