- This event has passed.
Wolf at the Door Writing Weekend
Sat 10th Nov : 10:30 am - Sun 11th Nov : 4:30 pm£40 – £100
No writing experience necessary, just a willingness to step through the door of the imagination. This weekend is inspired by Buddhist principles and practice and is open to all.
The weekend is non-residential and runs at the same times each day. £100 full rate, £80 mid rate, £40 low rate. Please decide which price fits your circumstances and income.
Discover Wolf at the Door writing workshops
Woven with the Dharma and laced with the unexpected . . .
Imagination is essential in the spiritual life; it makes available and harmonises the different energies within us. Wolf at the Door offers a friendly and nurturing way of exploring this through writing. You don’t have to share what you write, though doing so can be just the creative challenge some of us need!
About the course leaders
• Dharmavadana’s poems have appeared in several magazines and the anthology The Heart as Origami: Contemporary Buddhist Poets. He is poetry editor of the Buddhist arts magazine Urthona
• Satyagita writes to make sense of her world. She has been a tutor on a University of East Anglia continuing education writing course and recently had a short story published in Women and Words 2
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com
• Please bring vegetarian food to share for lunch - doesn't have to be elaborate!
• No prior reading necessary but Wolf founder Manjusvara’s Writing Your Way and The Poet’s Way are excellent
Problem paying?We don't want to turn anyone away. If you are unable to pay the suggested rates, please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date
2 people are attending Wolf at the Door Writing Weekend