- This event has passed.
Women’s Morning Gathering and Meditation Afternoon
Sun 24th Oct : 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Connecting and Practice
A day of shared practice and spiritual friendship for all women connected to Manchester Buddhist Centre, starting with a relaxed morning of tea and chat, and then an optional paid-for meditation practice afternoon. Order members, Mitras, friends all welcome, however new you are to our community.
The gathering is here at the Buddhist Centre, in-person, and there is also an opportunity for a chat on Zoom between 11 am and 12 for women who aren’t able or comfortable to come to the Centre. The afternoon meditation session is also available online as well as in-person.
Come for All or Part of the Day
Between 11 am and 1 pm, just drop in to the downstairs of the Buddhist Centre to meet each other and some Order Members, with no bookings, payment or formalities required. Or get together for an hour through Zoom at 11 am. We’ll hang out together and get to know each other informally over a cuppa, and maybe even ask those questions you never dared! There’s plenty of room to space out on the ground floor.
Bring your own lunch to eat between 1 and 2pm if you like, and then there’s an option stay on for the meditation practice afternoon, a bookable and payable event in the shrine room, also available on Zoom. If you’re just coming for the afternoon, please be here a few minutes before 2 pm, and whatever time you’re arriving, please check our advice on visiting the Centre in person.
Meditation Afternoon 2 – 4.30 pm
Join Vairocani, Suryaka and Karunatara for an afternoon focussing on our meditation practice. A precious opportunity to come together in our beautiful shrine room to meditate together, share our practice and its challenges and inspirations. An afternoon to learn and build confidence in your meditation practice.
PricesThe price for this kind of half-day is now £12 standard rate / £8 concessionary / £3 age 18 - 25 and Helping our Centre rate. If the standard and concessionary rates don't feel possible, then please choose the Helping our Centre rate, which is also for Order Members coming along in a supportive spirit. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away. Please contact the Centre Team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
In-Person and Online Bookings
• Numbers in the shrine room are limited by covid-related safety measures, so please book in good time if you’re attending in-person. Bookings will close at 3 pm on Friday 22nd October.
• No need to book ahead for the Zoom option as numbers aren’t limited online. Please make your payment through our donation site
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Options at 11 am and 2 pm:
Join this Event through the Zoom App• Getting the most out of Zoom • Our online events are friendly and participative, often with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there may be a sudden problem at our end • If you have any accessibility needs that might stop you from attending our zoom sessions, do get in touch with us at email@example.com. We'll do what we can to remove any accessibility barriers
• If you are asked for the meeting ID, it’s 959 0700 8092
Take me to the gathering
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date