Women Mitras and Dharmacharinis Day
Sun 26th Jan : 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£10 – £24
Connecting Hands with Hearts: Living Directly from our Aspiration
A day of collective practice for local women Mitras and Order members in the Triratna Buddhist Community. We’ll explore together how we can live out our aspirations inspired by the Three Jewels, at the start of the new year. The Mitra Convening Kula will lead the day – Dayanandi, Varasakhi, Maitrinandi and Acharashraddha. Three sangha members will share personal reflections and we will finish with devotional practice.
The thousand-armed Avalokitesvara can be seen as a symbol for the whole Sangha devoted to the Bodhisattva Ideal, with each person as an arm of Avalokitesvara, working toward the Ideal in their own way, sharing a common spiritual vision.
We will develop self metta and turn towards what feeds the heart’s inspiration, with the emphasis on altruistic activity and sharing our strengths and talents. When the light of our practice shines alongside others shining their own light, collectively we shine even more brightly, illuminating this Bodhisattva Path.
PricesThe price for this kind of day is now £24 standard rate / £16 concessionary / £10 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please arrive from 10 am for a 10.30 start in the shrine room
• Please bring vegan food to share. If it's vegetarian but not vegan, please label it clearly.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date