Online Women’s Gathering: What we need to practise and flourish
Sun 28th Feb : 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Women from our local Triratna Buddhist Community get together for a morning of shared practice, discussion and friendship led by Karunatara, Siladevi and team. We warmly welcome and encourage you to join us to connect with one another, share and hear from a variety of voices from across our Women’s Sangha.
We’ll be building and reflecting on Acharashraddha’s recent talks, at last month’s Women’s Gathering and on Sangha Night, on the Parable of the Rain Cloud, from the amazing Mahayana text, the White Lotus Sutra. We’ll share our perspectives on the question that Acharashraddha put to us – What do you need for your practice to flourish and grow?
There will be short talks from Bridie Kearney, Helen Richardson, Tasha Brown and Abhayamani. Together we will explore how we are experiencing the Rain of the Dharma in our practice and life right now, what supports us to connect to the Dharma and the changes we are noticing.
Who is the event for?Suitable for anyone who has experience of our two meditation practices, Mindfulness of Breathing and Metta Bhavana, and is open to Buddhist ritual.
PricesThe price for this kind of half-day is now £12 standard rate / £8 concessionary / £3 age 18 - 25 and Helping our Centre rate. If the standard and concessionary rates don't feel possible, then please choose the Helping our Centre rate, which is also for Order Members coming along in a supportive spirit. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away. Please contact the Centre Team on email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Join this event through the Zoom App• New to Zoom? • Our online events are friendly and participative, often with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there's probably a sudden problem at our end.
• We’ll email you the Zoom link to join the course once you’ve booked. Bookings will close at 3 pm on Friday 26th February to make sure all Zoom links go out smoothly
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? email@example.com
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date