- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Women Mitras and Dharmacharinis Day: Travel Shrines
Sun 29th Mar : 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sharing our PracticePractising mindfulness and loving-kindness during times of crisis is ultimately what supports us all to stay emotionally positive and to grow. We are therefore committed to continuing to share our teachings and practices with you during this challenging period. We are taking some of our classes and courses online, so please sign up to our mailing list and check our website regularly. During this period we'll be responding to emails at firstname.lastname@example.org but we won't be answering phone calls. The Buddha taught that we are deeply interconnected in seen and unseen ways. This virus has affected us all and we as a community continue to send our well-wishing and care to all those throughout the world who have been severely affected by the virus.
Khemasuri and Taravandana lead a day of devotion and creativity for local women Order members and Mitras in the Triratna Buddhist Community. Together we will meditate, visualise, and transform small boxes into beautiful portable shrines to take on solitaries, retreats and holiday, and to beautify our homes. Organisers for the day are Janet Hill and Gill Parry.
Please bring a small box and anything else you might like to build your shrine. A pair of scissors and a paintbrush would be good too! We’ll bring a good supply of small boxes, paints, paintbrushes and craft supplies though, so don’t worry if you don’t have them.
PricesThe price for this kind of day is now £24 standard rate / £16 concessionary / £10 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please arrive from 10 am for a 10.30 start in the shrine room
• There will be a lunch break during the day, but given the current circumstances, we are asking people not to bring vegetarian food to share. Instead, we ask that you simply bring your own vegetarian food for lunch. Alternatively, there are many places nearby where you can buy lunch.
Travel Shrine Day Programme
10 am: Arrive for drinks and croissants
10.30: Welcome and introduction.
10.40: Mindfulness meditation
11 am: Visualisation and mantra
11.30: Quiet tea break with a chance to draw, write, look at pictures, or for quiet reflection
11.45: Beginning our shrines
1 pm: Lunch, then continue making shrines
3.30: Ritual – dedication to our practice, transference of merit, mantra, shrines on the shrine and out into the world
4 pm: Clear-up
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date