- This event has passed.
Online Women’s Gathering: Sharing our Stories
Sun 9th May : 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Suryaka is our new Women’s Mitra Convenor, assisted by Karunatara, and they will be leading this relaxed, informal morning where all women connected to Manchester Buddhist Centre will be warmly welcomed. See their invitation on YouTube!
I’ve been thinking that creating an atmosphere of ease, warmth and curiosity about each other is crucial in our Dharma lives. How can I unfold or support others unfolding without this? Practising the Dharma, allowing our deepest, heartfelt yearning for freedom to be realised, has to go hand in hand with building friendships and community in a spirit of warmth, curiosity and kindness.
We thought one way to get to know you more would be to ask a couple of friends to interview us about our lives and the we’ll interview them. So Sal, Karunatara, Helen and I will be in conversation about our lives and Alicia will be helping with the event too .There will also be space to pause, reflect on our own lives and share some stories if we wish.
PricesThe price for this kind of half-day is now £12 standard rate / £8 concessionary / £3 age 18 - 25 and Helping our Centre rate. If the standard and concessionary rates don't feel possible, then please choose the Helping our Centre rate, which is also for Order Members coming along in a supportive spirit. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away. Please contact the Centre Team on email@example.com and we'll work something out with you.
Join this event through the Zoom App• Getting the most out of Zoom • Our online events are friendly and participative, often with opportunities to ask questions and share your own experience. Do turn your camera and microphone on if you can! • If a session doesn't start on time, please give it a few minutes, there may be a sudden problem at our end
• We’ll email you the Zoom link to join the course once you’ve booked
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? email@example.com
• Bookings will close at 3 pm on Friday 7th May to make sure all Zoom links go out smoothly
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date