Women’s Sangha Retreat: Waking up with Friends
Fri 24th Sep : 6:00 pm - Sun 26th Sep : 3:00 pm£50 – £150
Come and join Suryaka, Karunatara and friends for a residential retreat in the heart of the Derbyshire countryside. We will co-create a community for the weekend, sharing our meditation practice, cooking for one another, walking in nature, reflecting on the Dharma and looking for a sense of ease and connection in all we do.
This is weekend for all who are part of the women’s Sangha at Manchester Buddhist Centre – from Mitras to Order Members along with those who are newer. Our annual weekend retreat for women is a great opportunity for all of us to come together.
Prices and Practicals
£150 standard rate / £100 concessionary / £50 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our events. Please contact the Centre Team on 0161 834 9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you. Please book in good time – bookings close at noon on Friday 17th September to give us time to make the final arrangements
The retreat is at Dukes Barn, School Lane, Beeley, Derbyshire, DE4 2NU. Accommodation is in shared rooms and there is good disabled access. Vegetarian meals included and unlimited cups of tea.
In Covid Times . . .
Although we are asking for a payment with your booking, we understand that these are difficult and uncertain times in terms of planning and cash flow for many of us. To help with this:
• We’ll give a full refund if COVID regulations mean we need to make alternative arrangements for the retreat – as a non-residential retreat at Manchester Buddhist Centre or online
• If you’d prefer to just pay a deposit for now, please pay the Young Person’s rate of £50 and let us know that it is a deposit in the notes field, rather than a full booking as an 18-25 year old
Retreat FundSangha members who cannot afford a retreat may be able to get help from our retreat bursary fund. Or if you can, please give to the fund so everyone gets the chance to go on retreat.
Booking your Place• You need to book and pay in advance please
• Book online with a credit or debit card, or by Paypal - Book Now
• Or phone 0161 834 9232 to pay with a card, or call in and pay with cash or card
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre on 0161 834 9232, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• Questions? 0161 834 9232 or email@example.com
• We’re still sorting out arrangements for lifts, travel and so on – information to follow as soon as we can
• Full joining details will be sent after booking
Not been on Retreat before?
Well, here’s a great place to start, in the friendly company of some faces you may already know or have seen online, all of us coming together to create a sense of community and belonging as we share our journey together. A Manchester Buddhist Centre retreat can help you develop friendship, deepen meditation and discover new inspirations for your practice. It’s suitable for women familiar with our community, whether online or in person, with the two meditation practices we teach here, and open to Buddhist ritual. Please get in touch if you’re not sure.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date