Women’s Sangha Retreat
Fri 21st Oct : 6:00 pm - Sun 23rd Oct : 3:00 pm£60 – £150
A weekend retreat in Lancashire for everyone in the women’s Sangha at Manchester Buddhist Centre – Mitras and Order Members along with those who are newer. Our annual weekend retreat for women is a great opportunity for us all to hang out and practise together, and to spend time in beautiful outdoor surroundings.
The retreat is at Brinscall Hall near Chorley, Lancashire, a beautiful Victorian country house set in rambling gardens – map link below. Owned by the School of Practical Philosophy, Brinscall Hall is used to hosting retreats. All vegan meals are included, and lots of cups of tea.
Disabled access is good on the ground floor but less so upstairs – please get in touch with any queries. There’s plenty of camping space if you prefer the outdoors and can bring your own equipment.
Any queries about the venue, please contact us on email@example.com, not the venue. Thanks.
• £150 standard rate / £100 concessionary / £60 age 18 - 25. Payment still a problem? As a small unfunded charity, the Centre relies on the generosity of people who come here, but we don't want to turn anyone away from our events. Please contact the Centre Team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work something out with you.
Retreat FundSangha members who cannot afford a retreat may be able to get help from our retreat bursary fund. Or if you can, please give to the fund so everyone gets the chance to go on retreat.
Booking your Place• Book here online or at reception when we're open - 0161 834 9232
• Booking for someone else online? Tell us in the Additional Information box at checkout
• If there are any health issues, physical, emotional or mental, that could affect your participation in a course or event, please contact the Buddhist Centre at email@example.com, and ask to talk confidentially to one of our Order members, before making your booking
• If payment is an issue or you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0161 834 9232 during opening hours
• Please book in good time as numbers are limited. Bookings will close a week before the retreat to give the organisers time to make final arrangements
• We’ll give a full refund if Covid arrangements mean we need to make alternative arrangements for the retreat – as a non-residential retreat at Manchester Buddhist Centre or online
• Full joining details will be sent after booking
• Please arrive between 4 – 6 pm in time for the evening meal
• There’s a local train station and taxi service and we encourage people to travel together
Not been on Retreat before?
Well, here’s a great place to start, in the friendly company of some faces you may already know or have seen online, all of us coming together to create a sense of community and belonging as we share our journey together. A Manchester Buddhist Centre retreat can help you develop friendship, deepen meditation and discover new inspirations for your practice. It’s suitable for women familiar with our community, whether online or in person, with the two meditation practices we teach here, and open to Buddhist ritual. Please get in touch if you’re not sure.
What if I have to cancel?Get in touch - you can:
• Transfer to a similar event when possible
• Cancel and get a full refund if the event is more than 14 days away
• Cancel, but with a cancellation charge of £10 for a day event or six-week course; £20 for a weekend event; £50 for a residential retreat, if less than 14 days from the event date